- 10V to 60V Input-Voltage Range for the Step-Down Converter
- 2.5V Output Voltage, Up To 50mA Continuous Load Current
- 82% Peak Efficiency
- Minimum Number of External Components
- 70kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Fixed Turn ON/OFF Input Voltage
- Internal Loop Compensation
- 0.8ms (typ) Internal Soft-Start Time
- Hiccup-mode Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Factory Automation
- Aftermarket Market Automotive
- General Point of Load
The MAX17554C evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that shows the performance of the MAX17554C, 10V to 60V, 50mA, ultra-small, high efficiency, synchronous step-down DCDC converter in an 8-pin TDFN (2mm x 2mm) package. The EV kit is designed to operate over a 10V to 60V input and provides a 2.5V, 50mA output. The MAX17554C turns on at 42.5V (max) and turn off at 10V (max). The step-down converter works at a fixed 70kHz switching frequency and delivers a peak efficiency of 82%.
The EV kit is simple to use and easily configurable with minimal external components. The MAX17554C features fixed turn ON/OFF input voltage and 70kHz switching frequency. The device offers built-in hiccup mode protection for overload and short-circuit conditions, and thermal shutdown. The EV kit is complaint with CISPR32 Class B standard.