- Demonstrates Robustness of MAX20446C
- Wide 4.5V to 36V Input Operating Range (Up to 52V Load Dump)
- Powers HB LEDs (up to six strings) for Medium-to- Large-Sized LCD Displays in Automotive and Display Backlight Applications
- 400kHz to 2.2MHz Resistor-Programmable Switching Frequency with Spread-Spectrum Option
- Phase-Shift Dimming
- Demonstrates Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit and Thermal-Shutdown Features
- Demonstrates Wide Dimming Ratio
- Proven PCB and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20446C evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX20446C, an integrated 6-channel high-brightness LED driver with boost controller for automotive displays.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage between 4.5V and 36V, and the switching frequency can be either set at 2.2MHz or at 400kHz. The EV kit operates in stand-alone mode. Spread-spectrum mode is enabled by default for EMI improvement. The EV kit demonstrates phase-shifted pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming. Dimming can be performed externally using a PWM signal applied to the DIM PCB pad. The hybrid dimming feature can also be enabled through a resistor connected between the SET pin and GND to reduce EMI. The EV kit also demonstrates short-LED, open-LED, boost output undervoltage and overvoltage, and overtemperature-fault protection.
For operation at switching frequencies other than 2.2MHz or 400kHz, the external components should be chosen according to the calculations in the MAX20446C IC data sheet.