- 8V to 36V Input Supply Range
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- Full-Wave Rectified Output
- Configurable for a Voltage Doubler, Bipolar Half-Wave Rectifier, and Push-Pull Rectifier Outputs
- Internal or External Clock Operation Option
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Dual-Battery Systems
- Isolated Gate Driver Supplies
- Isolated Supplies for controller area network (CAN), serial peripheral interface (SPI), I2C, etc.
- Isolated Supplies for Motor Control
The MAX25256 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that contains the MAX25256 10W isolated H-bridge DC-DC converter. The EV kit operates from an 8V to 36V DC power source and the on-board 1:1 turns-ratio transformer from HALO sets the output voltage range from 6.8V to 34.8V with a 215mA current limit.
The EV kit provides greater than 90% overall efficiency at +24V between 2.2W and up to 8.3W output power using an H-bridge DC-DC converter topology. Input-ripple current and radiated noise are minimized by the inherent balanced nature of the design with no interruption in the input current. Undervoltage lockout (UVLO), adjustable current limit, and thermal shutdown provide for a robust 10W isolated supply. The surface-mount transformer provides galvanic isolation with the output powered from a full-wave rectifier circuit, reducing the output-voltage ripple.
The EV kit circuit is configured as a full-wave rectifier, with an output voltage that follows the input voltage but is configurable for other topologies including a voltage doubler, bipolar outputs, half-wave rectification, and a push-pull rectifier.
The device is available in a 10-pin (3mm x 3mm) TDFN package with an exposed pad.