- High-Speed 26MHz SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE-Compatible Serial Interface
- 2.7V to 3.6V Operation
- Controls Up to 48 Grids of 7-Segment, 14-Segment, or 16-Segment Alphanumeric Digits
- One Digit and Two Digits per Grid and Universal Displays Supported
- 16-Step Digital Brightness Control
- Built-In ASCII 104-Character Font
- 24 User-Definable Characters
- Up to Four Annunciators per Grid with Automatic Blinking Control
- Separate Cursor Control with Automatic Blinking
- Filament Drive Full-Bridge Waveform Synthesis
- Buzzer Tone Generator with Single-Ended or Push-Pull Driver
- Up to Five General-Purpose Logic Outputs
- 9µA Low-Power Shutdown (Data Retained)
- 16-Pin QSOP Package
- Bar Graph Displays
- Display Modules
- Industrial Controllers
- Professional Audio Equipment
- Retail POS Displays
- Weight and Tare Displays
- White Goods
The MAX6850 includes an ASCII 104-character font, multiplex scan circuitry, and static RAM that stores digit, cursor, and annunciator data, as well as font data for 24 user-definable characters. The display intensity can be adjusted by an internal 16-step digital brightness control. The device also includes separate annunciator and cursor control with automatic blinking, as well as a low-power shutdown mode.
The MAX6850 provides timing to generate the PWM waveforms to drive the tube filament from a DC supply. The filament drive is synchronized to the display multiplexing to eliminate beat artifacts. The MAX6850 is compatible with SPI and QSPI.
For a 2-wire interfaced version, refer to the MAX6851 data sheet.