- 6.5V Up to HB LED Forward Voltage
- Demonstrates OVP (33V)
- HB LED String Output Currents Configurable for 100mA or 150mA
- Demonstrates UVLO (4V)
- Demonstrates Cycle-by-Cycle Current-Limit and Thermal-Shutdown Features
- Demonstrates Adaptive-Voltage Optimization
- Demonstrates Output Short Protection and Ultra-Low Current Shutdown
- Proven PCB and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Architectural, Industrial, and Ambient Lighting
- Automotive Displays LED Backlights
- Automotive RCL, DRL, Front Position, and Fog Lights
- LCD TV and Desktop Display LED Backlights
The MAX16813 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX16813 high-brightness LED (HB LED) driver, integrating a step-up DC-DC preregulator followed by 4 channels of linear current sinks. The step-up preregulator switches at 350kHz and operates as a current-mode-controlled regulator capable of providing up to 600mA for the linear circuits. Each of the 4 linear channels are capable of operating up to 40V and provide up to 150mA per channel. The 4 channels are configurable for 100mA or 150mA HB LED output current.
The EV kit operates from a 6.5V DC supply voltage up to the HB LED string-forward voltage. The EV kit can withstand a 40V load-dump condition for up to 400ms. The EV kit demonstrates the device features such as adaptive voltage optimization, undervoltage lockout (UVLO), overvoltage protection (OVP), cycle-by-cycle current limit, thermal shutdown, and digital PWM dimming operation using a digital PWM input signal to control the brightness of the HB LEDs. The EV kit includes an external pMOSFET (Q2) that can be used to disconnect the boost output from the battery in the event of an output overload or short condition.
The MAX16813 EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX16813B with simple IC replacement of U1