- Preset -5V, -12V, -15V Output Voltages
- Adjustable Output with 2 Resistors
- 85% Typ Efficiency
- Only 3 External Components
- 80µA Typ Operating Current
- Low Battery Detector
- Battery Power Conversion
- Board Level DC-DC Conversion
- Minimum Component, High -Efficiency DC-DC Converters
- Portable Instruments
The MAX635/MAX636/MAX637 inverting switching regulators are designed for minimum component DC-DC conversion in the 5mW to 500mW range.
Low power applications require only a diode, output filter capacitor, and a low-cost inductor. An additional MOSFET and driver are needed for higher power applications. Low battery detection circuitry is included on chip.
The MAX635/MAX636/MAX637 are preset for -5V, -12V, -15V outputs, respectively. However, the regulators can be set to other levels by adding 2 resistors.
Maxim manufactures a broad line of step-up, step-down, and inverting DC-DC converters, with features such as logic-level shutdown, adjustable oscillator freuqency, and external MOSFET drive.