- IO-Link-Compliant Device Transceiver
- I/O and SPI Interface Terminals
- Arduino® Uno Compatible Connector
- Windows® 10-Compatible Software
- USB-PC Connection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- IO-Link and Industrial Sensor and Actuator Devices
- The MAX22514 features a SPI interface for configuration and diagnostics. A high level of integration (including two linear regulators, a DC-DC buck regulator, and integrated surge protection, combined with low power dissipation and small packages) optimizes the MAX22514 for use in many different industrial and IO-Link small sensor applications.
- IO-Link Master Transceivers: The MAX22514 is capable of being used in both IOLink devices and IO-Link master applications. A SPI interface is used for extended configurability and diagnostics, and the transceiver is capable of operating at the COM1, COM2, and COM3 IO-Link data rates. The MAX22514 can be configured to enable the required 5mA pull-down/pull-up current on the C/Q line and generate a wake-up pulse.
The MAX22514 evaluation kit (EV kit) consists of the evaluation board and software. The EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that evaluates the MAX22514 IO-Link® device transceiver with integrated DC-DC buck regulator. The EV kit includes Windows®-compatible software that provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the MAX22514. The EV kit is connected to a PC through a USB-A-to-micro-B cable.
Windows-based GUI software is available for use with the EV kit and can be downloaded from Maxim’s website at www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX22514 (under the Design & Development tab). Windows® 7 or newer Windows operating system is required to use the EV kit software.