The Maxim ICL7116 and ICL7117 are 3½ digit monolithic analog-to-digital converters. They differ from the Maxim ICL7106 and ICL7107 in that the ICL7116 and ICL7117 have a Hold pin, which makes it possible to hold or “freeze” a reading. These integrating ADCs have very high input impedances and directly drive LCD (ICL7116) and LED (ICL7117) displays.
Versatility and accuracy are inherent features of these converters. The dual-slope conversion technique automatically rejects interference signals common in industrial environments. The true differential input is particularly useful when making ratiometric measurements (ohms or bridge transducers). Maxim has added a zero-integrator phase to the ICL7116 and ICL7117, eliminating overrange hangover and hysteresis effects. Finally, these devices offer high accuracy by lowering rollover error to less than one count and zero reading drift to less than 1µV/°C.
- Improved 2nd Source!
- Hold Pin Allows Indefinite Display Hold
- Guaranteed First Reading Recovery from Overrange
- On-Board Display Drive Capability—No External Circuitry Required: LCD (ICL7116), LED (ICL7117)
- High-Impedance CMOS Differential Inputs
- Low Noise (< 15µVP-P) Without Hysteresis or Overrange Hangover
- Clock and Reference On-Chip
- Zero Input Gives Zero Reading
- True Polarity Indication for Precision Null Applications
|チュートリアル||2102||Delta-Sigma ADCs Replace Integrating ADCs for Panel Meters|
|チュートリアル||1883||LEDs Are Still Popular (and Improving) after All These Years|
|チュートリアル||1041||Understanding Integrating ADCs|