Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- MAXSENSORBLE_EVKIT_B microcontroller board
- MAX86174A_OSB_EVKIT_B sensor board
- Cypress USB Bluetooth LE dongle CY5677
- 105 mAh Li-Po battery LP-401230
- USB-C to USB-A cable
- MAXDAP-TYPE-C programmer board
- Micro USB-B to USB-A cable
- Body Hydration
- Clinical Accuracy
- Heart-Rate Variability
- Maximum Oxygen Consumption (VO2 max)
- Muscle and Tissue Oxygen Saturation (SmO2 and StO2)
- Optical Heart Rate
- Optimized Performance to Detect
- Oxygen Saturation (SpO2)
- Suitable for Wrist, Finger, Ear, and Other Locations
- Wearable Devices for Fitness, Wellness and Medical Applications
The MAX86174 evaluation system (EV Sys) provides a platform to evaluate the functionality and features of the MAX86174A with photoplethysmogram (PPG) measurement capabilities. The EV Sys allows for flexible hardware and software configurations to help the user quickly learn how to configure and optimize the MAX86174A for their own applications.
The MAX86174A is an ultra-low power PPG analog frontend solution that has dual optical-readout channels and supports up to 4 LEDs and 2 photodiode inputs. For more information, refer to the MAX86174A data sheet.
The MAX86174 EV Sys consists of two boards. MAXSENSORBLE_EVKIT_B is the microcontroller (MCU) board while MAX86174A_OSB_EVKIT_B is the sensor board containing the MAX86174A. To enable PPG measurement capabilities, the sensor board contains 3 LEDs (red, green, and IR in a single package: OSRAM SFH7016), three discrete photodiodes (Vishay VEMD8080), and an accelerometer. The EV Sys is powered through the included LiPo Battery. The EV Sys relays data using Bluetooth through the Cypress USB Bluetooth LE dongle (included). The EV Sys contains the latest firmware but comes with the programming circuit board MAXDAP-TYPE-C in case a firmware change is needed.