Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Quick Evaluation of the MAX86173
- Supports Optimization of Configurations
- Facilitates Understanding MAX86173 Architecture and Solution Strategy
- Real-time Monitoring
- Data Logging Capabilities
- On-Board Accelerometer
- Bluetooth® LE
- Windows® 10-Compatible GUI Software
- Wearable Devices for Fitness, Wellness and Medical Applications
- Clinical Accuracy
- Suitable for Wrist, Finger, Ear and Other Locations
- Optimized Performance to Detect:
- Optical Heart Rate
- Heart-Rate Variability
- Oxygen Saturation (SpO2)
- Body Hydration
- Muscle and Tissue Oxygen Saturation (SmO2 and StO2)
- Maximum Oxygen Consumption (VO2 max)
The MAX86173 evaluation system (EV Sys) allows for the quick evaluation of the MAX86173 optical AFE for applications at various sites on the body, particularly the wrist. MAX86173 supports both I2C and SPI compatible interfaces. MAX86173 has two optical readout channels that operate simultaneously. The EV Sys allows flexible configurations to optimize measurement signal quality at minimal power consumption. The EV Sys supports file logging and flash logging, allowing the user to disconnect from the computer for more convenient data capturing sessions, such as overnight or outdoor running.
The EV Sys consists of two boards. MAXSENSORBLE_ EVKIT_B is the main data acquisition board while MAX86173_OSB_EVKIT_B is the sensor daughter board for MAX86173. To enable PPG measurement capabilities, the sensor board contains eight LEDs (OSRAM CT DBLP31.12, green LED, and OSRAM SFH7013, red, green, and IR 3-in-1 LED package) and four discrete photodiodes (Vishay VEMD8080), and an accelerometer. The EV Sys is powered through a LiPo Battery attached inside it and can be charged using a Type-C port. The EV Sys communicates with the MAX86173GUI (should be installed in the user’s system) using Bluetooth® built into Windows (Win BLE). The EV Sys contains the latest firmware but comes with the programming circuit board MAXDAP-TYPE-C in case a firmware upgrade is needed.