- Measures and Displays Three Temperature Channels
- Two Remote PN Junctions
- One Local Sensor
- Monitors Four Voltage Channels
- Three External (+2.5V, +3.3V, and +12V Nominal)
- VCC Pin (+5V Nominal)
- Programmable Alarms and Configuration
- Operating Temperature Ranges
- -55°C to +125°C (Remote Sensors)
- 0°C to +70°C (Board)
- SMBus/I²C Compatible
- Easy-to-Use Menu-Driven Software
- Assembled and Tested
- Includes Windows 95/98-Compatible Software and Demo PC Board
- Communication Systems
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Notebook Computers
- Thin Clients
The MAX6655 EV kit is an assembled and tested PC board that demonstrates the MAX6655 dual remote/local temperature sensor and four-channel voltage monitor. It monitors the MAX6655 temperature and supply voltage, the temperature of two external diode-connected transistors, and the voltage of three external supplies. Temperature is converted to 11-bit serial data and voltage to 8-bit data. Two 2N3906 temperature-sensor transistors come soldered to the board in SOT23 packages, but they can be removed. The board can then be connected through a twisted pair to remote diodes closer to your system.
The Maxim SMBus interface board (MAXSMBus) allows an IBM®-compatible PC to use its parallel port to emulate an Intel® System Management Bus (SMBus) 2-wire interface. Windows® 95/98-compatible software provides a user-friendly interface to exercise the features of the MAX6655. The program is menu driven and offers a graphic interface with control buttons and status display.
Order the MAX6655EVSYS for complete IBM PC-based evaluation of the MAX6655. Order the MAX6655EVKIT if you already have an SMBus interface.
To evaluate the MAX6656, order a free sample of the MAX6656MEE.