Simplified Block Diagram
- ±0.5°C Threshold Accuracy
- ±4.7°C (max) Threshold Accuracy (-40°C to +125°C)
- Temperature Threshold Set by a 1% External Resistor
- Set-Hot or Set-Cold Option
- Low 32µA Supply Current
- Open-Drain, Push-Pull Outputs; Open-Drain with Internal Pull-Up Resistor
- Pin-Selectable 2°C or 10°C Hysteresis
- SOT23 Packages
- µP Temperature Monitoring in High-Speed Computers
- Fan Control
- Temperature Alarms
- Temperature Control
The MAX6509/MAX6510 are fully integrated, resistor-programmable temperature switches with thresholds set by an external resistor. They require only one external resistor to set the temperature threshold within a wide -40±C to +125±C temperature range. The MAX6509 provides an open-drain output. The MAX6510 features three selectable output options: active-low, active-high, and open drain with an internal pull-up resistor.
These switches operate with a +2.7V to +5.5V single supply while providing a temperature threshold accuracy of ±0.5°C (typ) or ±4.7°C (max). They typically consume 32µA supply current. Hysteresis is pin selectable to 2°C or 10°C.
The MAX6509/MAX6510 are available in 5-pin and 6-pin SOT23 packages, respectively.