Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Consumes Low Power
- 5µA Supply Current
- Interrupt Pin Delivers Efficient Communication
- High Sensitivity
- 0.03 Lux Sensitivity
- Easy to Design
- 1.7V to 3.6V Supply Voltage
- Tight Part-to-Part Variation
- Reliable Light Sensing
- Perfect Rejection of 50Hz/60Hz Noise
- Adjustable Visible and Infrared Sensor Gain
- Tiny, 2mm x 2mm x 0.6mm OTDFN Package
- -40°C to +105°C Temperature Range
- Digital Lighting Management
- Displays, TVs, Projectors
- Industrial Automation
- Medical Devices
- Tablets and Netbooks
The on-chip ambient sensor has the power to measure the exact visible light from 0.03 lux to 65,000 lux and communicate through an I²C digital communication bus. The IC has patented sensors, filters, and circuitry to mimic the human eye response. With on-chip calibration registers, it performs the same in different light conditions (i.e., fluorescent, incandescent). The interrupt pin minimizes the need of constant polling of the device, freeing up microcontroller resources for efficient communication and thus reducing overall power consumption. The part-to-part matching is optimized by proprietary Maxim process to speed up end-product development time.
The IC can operate from a VDD of 1.7V to 3.6V, including both supply and I²C times. It consumes just 5µA operating current.