±0.5°C Local Temperature Sensors
Ultra-Accurate Temperature Sensor Offers ±0.5°C (max) Accuracy Over a Wide -40°C to +105°C Range
The MAX31725/MAX31726 temperature sensors accurately measure temperature and provide an overtemperature alarm/interrupt/shutdown output. These devices convert the temperature measurements to digital form using a high-resolution, sigma-delta, analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Accuracy is ±0.5°C from -40°C to +105°C. Communication is through an I2C-compatible 2-wire serial interface.
The I2C serial interface accepts standard write byte, read byte, send byte, and receive byte commands to read the temperature data and configure the behavior of the open-drain overtemperature shutdown output.
The MAX31725 features three address select lines with a total of 32 available addresses. The MAX31726 features two address select lines with a total of 16 available addresses and an active-low RESET input. The sensors have a 2.5V to 3.7V supply voltage range, low 600µA supply current, and a lockup-protected I2C-compatible interface that make them ideal for a wide range of applications, including PCs, electronic test equipment, and office electronics.
Both devices are available in an 8-pin TDFN package and operate over the -55°C to +150°C temperature range.
- High Accuracy and Low-Voltage Operation Aids Designers in Meeting Error and Power Budgets
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -40°C to +105°C
- 16-Bit (0.00390625°C) Temperature Resolution
- 2.5V to 3.7V Supply Voltage Range
- One-Shot and Shutdown Modes Help Reduce Power Usage
- 925µA (max) Operating Supply Current
- Extended Temperature Range Enables Measurements in High Temperature Systems (Measures Up to +150°C)
- Digital Functions Make Integration Easier into Any System
- Selectable Timeout Prevents Bus Lockup (Default Enabled for MAX31725; Default Disabled for MAX31726)
- Separate Open-Drain OS Output Operates as Interrupt or Comparator/Thermostat Output
- RESET Input (MAX31726)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Complete Biometric Sensor Hub
- World-Class Algorithm for Wearable Applications
- High Accuracy
- Long Battery Life
- Small Size
- 1-Wire Interface Requires Only One Port Pin for Communication
- Unique 64-bit Serial Code Stored in an On-Board ROM
- External Resistor Selects Address for Location Identification