Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Measures Temperatures from -55°C to +125°C
- Thermometer Accuracy is ±0.5°C
- Thermometer Resolution is Configurable from 9 Bits to 12 Bits
- Thermostat Output with User-Defined Nonvolatile Thresholds
- SPI or 3-Wire Interface Selectable through Jumpers
- 6-Pin Pmod-Compatible Connector (SPI/GPIO)
- Example Software Written in C for Portability
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Industrial Equipment
- Medical Systems
- Networking Equipment
The MAX31723PMB1 peripheral module provides the necessary hardware to interface the MAX31723 digital thermometer and thermostat to any system that utilizes Pmod™-compatible expansion ports configurable for SPI and/or GPIO communication. The IC provides temperature-to-digital conversion with no additional components. Temperature readings are communicated from the device over an SPI interface or a 3-wire serial interface. The choice of interface is selectable by the user. For applications that require greater temperature resolution, the user can adjust the readout resolution from 9 bits to 12 bits. This is particularly useful in applications where thermal runaway conditions must be detected quickly. The thermostat has a dedicated open-drain output (active-low TOUT). Two thermostat operating modes (comparator and interrupt) control thermostat operation based on user-defined nonvolatile trip points (THIGH and TLOW).
Refer to the MAX31723 IC data sheet for detailed information regarding operation of the IC.