Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Unique 1-Wire Interface Requires Only One Port Pin for Communication
- Derives Power from Data Line ("Parasite Power")Does Not Need a Local Power Supply
- Multi-Drop Capability Simplifies Distributed Temperature Sensing Applications
- Requires no External Components
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- Measures Temperatures from -55°C to +100°C (-67°F to +212°F)
- Thermometer Resolution is User-Selectable from 9 to 12 Bits
- Converts Temperature to 12-Bit Digital Word in 750ms (max.)
- User-Definable Non-Volatile Temperature Alarm Settings
- Alarm Search Command Identifies and Addresses Devices Whose Temperature is Outside of Programmed Limits (Temperature Alarm Condition)
- Software compatible with the DS1822-PAR
- Ideal for Use in Remote Sensing Applications (e.g., Temperature Probes) That do not Have a Local Power Source
- Remote Sensing Applications
Each DS18B20-PAR has a unique 64-bit identification code, which allows multiple DS18B20-PARs to function on the same 1-wire bus; thus, it is simple to use one microprocessor to control many DS18B20-PARs distributed over a large area. Applications that can benefit from this feature include HVAC environmental controls, temperature monitoring systems inside buildings, equipment or machinery, and process monitoring and control systems.