Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Wide 4.5V to 36V Input Range
- MAXM17633 Offers High 85.7% Efficiency (VIN = 24V, VOUT = 3.3V, IOUT = 1.5A)
- MAXM17634 Offers High 90.6% Efficiency (VIN = 24V, VOUT = 5V, IOUT = 1.4A)
- MAXM17635 Offers High 92.5% Efficiency (VIN = 24V, VOUT = 12V, IOUT = 1.8A)
- Enable/UVLO Input, Resistor-Programmable UVLO Threshold
- Selectable PWM, PFM, and DCM Modes of Operation
- Programmed 1ms Soft-Start Time
- Provision to Synchronize the Modules to the External-Clock Source
- Active-low RESET Outputs, with Pullup Resistor to the Respective VCC
- Low-Profile, Surface-Mount Components
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Complies with CISPR22(EN55022) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
- Base Station Power Supplies
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- General-Purpose Point-of-Load
- High Voltage Single-Board Systems
- Industrial Control Power Supplies
- Programmable Logic Controller
MAXM17633/MAXM17634/MAXM17635 evaluation kits (EV kits) provide proven designs to evaluate the performance of MAXM17633/MAXM17634/MAXM17635 modules. Each of these modules operates over a wide input range from 4.5V to 36V and delivers up to 2A output current. The modules are configured to demonstrate optimum performance and component sizes in these EV kits.
The MAXM17633 module delivers up to 2A, with a fixed 3.3V output. The module is configured to operate at 800kHz switching frequency, over a 4.5V to 36V input range.
The MAXM17634 module delivers up to 2A, with a fixed 5V output. The module is configured to operate at 1MHz switching frequency, over a 7V to 36V input range.
The MAXM17635 adjustable module is configured for a 12V output, delivering up to 2A. The module is configured to operate at a 1.8MHz switching frequency, over an 18V to 36V input range.
The EV kits feature an adjustable input undervoltage lockout, adjustable soft-start, open-drain active-low RESET signal, external frequency synchronization, and selectable mode of operation (PWM/PFM/DCM). The MAXM17633/ MAXM17634/MAXM17635 module family data sheet provides a complete description of the part that should be read in conjunction with this data sheet prior to operating the EV kits.