Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Wide 4.5V to 36V Input Range
- MAXM17630 Offers High 86.47% Efficiency (VIN = 24V, VOUT = 3.3V, IOUT = 1A)
- MAXM17631 Offers High 90.46% Efficiency (VIN = 24V, VOUT = 5V, IOUT = 1A)
- MAXM17632 Offers High 93.12% Efficiency (VIN = 24V, VOUT = 12V, IOUT = 1A)
- Enable/UVLO Input, Resistor-Programmable UVLO Threshold
- Selectable PWM, PFM, and DCM Modes of Operation
- Provision to synchronize the Modules to an External Clock Source
- Low-Profile, Surface-Mount Components
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Active-Low RESET Outputs, with Pullup Resistor to Respective VCC
- Complies with CISPR22(EN55022) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
- Base Station Power Supplies
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- General Purpose Point-of-Load
- High Voltage Single-Board Systems
- Industrial Control Power Supplies
- Programmable Logic Controller
The MAXM17630/MAXM17631/MAXM17632 evaluation kits (EV kits) provide a proven design to evaluate the performance of MAXM17630/MAXM17631/MAXM17632 modules. Each of these modules operates over a wide input range from 4.5V to 36V and delivers up to 1A output current. The modules are configured to demonstrate optimum performance and component sizes in this EV kit.
The MAXM17630 module delivers up to 1A with a fixed 3.3V output. The module is configured to operate at a 900kHz switching frequency, over a 4.5V to 36V input range.
The MAXM17631 module delivers up to 1A with a fixed 5V output. The module is configured to operate at a 1250kHz switching frequency, over a 7V to 36V input range.
The MAXM17632 adjustable module delivers up to 1A and is configured for 12V output. The module is configured to operate at a 2150kHz switching frequency over a 20V to 36V input range.
The EV kit feature provisions for selecting modes of operation (PWM/PFM/DCM), synchronization to an external clock source, enable/disable, and UVLO settings. The MAXM17630/MAXM17631/MAXM17632 module family data sheet provides a complete description of the parts and should be read in conjunction with this data sheet prior to operating the EV kits.