Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- PA Step-Down Converter
- Selectable Output Voltage (3.1V or 3.4V)
- 25µs Settling Time for 3.1V to 3.4VOUT Change
- 60mΩ PFET at 100% Duty-Cycle for Low Dropout
- Low Output Voltage Ripple
- 1.2A Output Drive Capability
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Tiny External Components
- Low-Noise LDO
- Low 35µVRMS (typ) Output Noise
- High 65dB (typ) PSRR
- Guaranteed 200mA Output Current Drive Capability
- ON/OFF Control
- Low 0.1µA Shutdown Current
- 2.7V to 5.5V Supply Voltage Range
- Thermal Shutdown
- Tiny 2mm x 2mm x 0.7mm WLP and UCSP Packages (4 x 4 Grid)
- WCDMA/NCDMA Cellular Handsets
- Wireless PDAs
Fast-switching allows the use of small ceramic input and output capacitors while maintaining low ripple voltage. The feedback network is integrated, further reducing external component count and total solution size. At high duty cycle, the MAX8836Z automatically switches to the bypass mode, connecting the input to the output through a low-impedance (60mΩ typ) MOSFET. The LDO in the MAX8836Z is designed for low-noise operation (35µVRMS typ). Both the PWM step-down and LDO are individually enabled through separate logic-control interfaces.
The MAX8836Z is available in 16-bump, 2mm x 2mm WLP and UCSP™ packages (0.7mm max height).