Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Dual-Phase Synchronous Buck Driver
- Integrated Bootstrap Diodes
- Up to 26V System Input Voltage
- 6A Peak Gate Drive Current
- Capable of 30A per Phase
- 0.4Ω/0.9Ω Low-Side, 0.7Ω/1.0Ω High-Side Drivers (typ)
- Typical 11ns Rise/Fall Times with 3000pF Load
- Adaptive Dead-Time Control
- User-Programmable Delay Time
- Enable Function with 0.04µA (typ) Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Space-Saving, Lead-Free, 16-Pin QSOP
- DC-DC Converter Modules
- Multiphase Buck Converters
- Processor Core Voltage Regulators
- Switching Power Supplies
- Voltage-Regulator Modules (VRMs)
Adaptive shoot-through protection circuitry is implemented to prevent shoot-through currents for the "high-side off to low-side on" transition. A programmable delay is provided for the "low-side off to high-side on" transition. This maximizes overall converter efficiency while supporting operation with a variety of MOSFETs.
The MAX8811 provides an easy upgrade path from the MAX8523 dual driver. Integrated bootstrap diodes reduce external component count, while an enable input provides flexibility for power sequencing. The MAX8811 is available in a space-saving, 16-pin QSOP.