Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 7V to 24V Input Range
- Internal 5V Linear Regulator with 100mA Load Capability
- Output Voltages
- 3.3V at 6A (Adjustable from 2V to 5.5V)
- 5V at 5A (Adjustable from 2V to 5.5V)
- 12V at 120mA (Adjustable from 1V to 23V)
- 300kHz Switching Frequency (Selectable 200kHz/300kHz/500kHz)
- Power-Good Outputs
- Over- and Undervoltage Protection
- 32-Pin Thin QFN Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 2 to 4 Li+ Cell Battery-Powered Devices
- Main Power Supplies
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
- PDAs and Mobile Communicators
A transformer on the 5V output and a postregulation LDO generates a 12V auxiliary voltage capable of delivering 120mA. This auxiliary voltage is adjustable between 1V and 23V by changing feedback resistors R3 and R4.
The MAX8744A also has an internal fixed 5V linear regulator capable of supplying 100mA.
The MAX8744A EV kit operates at 300kHz switching frequency.