Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 6A Peak Gate-Drive Current
- Up to 1.2MHz Operation
- Up to 6.5V Gate-Drive Voltage
- 0.5Ω /0.95Ω Low-Side Drivers
- Capable of 30A Output per Phase
- Adaptive Shoot-Through Protection
- User-Programmable Delay Time
- TTL and CMOS Input Compatible
- UVLO for Proper Sequencing
- Flexible 2- to 8-Phase Implementation with MAX8524 and MAX8525
- Space-Saving (4.9mm x 6mm) 16-Pin QSOP Package
- Core Voltage Supplies for Pentium® IV Microprocessors
- DC-to-DC Regulator Modules
- Desktop Computers
- Servers and Workstations
- Switches, Routers, and Storage
- Voltage Regulator Modules (VRMs)
Each MOSFET driver in the MAX8523 can drive 3000pF capacitive loads with only 15ns propagation delay and 11ns typical rise and fall times, allowing operations up to 1.2MHz per phase. Adaptive dead time controls low-side MOSFET turn-on, and user-programmable dead time controls high-side MOSFET turn-on. This maximizes converter efficiency while allowing operation with a variety of MOSFETs and controller ICs. An undervoltage lockout (UVLO) circuit allows proper power-on sequencing. PWM_ signal inputs are TTL and CMOS compatible.
The MAX8523 is available in a space-saving 16-pin QSOP package and specified for -40°C to +85°C operation.