Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Integrated Bypass PFET
- 150mV Dropout at 600mA Load (Regardless of External Inductor)
- Dynamically Adjustable Output from 0.4V to VBATT
- Externally Fixed Output from 1.25V to 2.5V with Digitally Controlled High-Power Bypass Mode (MAX8504)
- 1MHz Fixed-Frequency PWM Switching
- 600mA Guaranteed Output Current
- 10% to 100% Duty-Cycle Operation
- Low Quiescent Current
- 280µA (typ) in Normal Mode
- 3.3mA (typ) in PWM Mode
- 0.1µA (typ) in Shutdown Mode
- 12-Pin Thin QFN (4mm x 4mm, 0.8mm max Height)
- NCDMA/WCDMA Cellular Phones
- Wireless PDAs and Modems
The MAX8500-MAX8503 are dynamically controlled to provide varying output voltages from 0.4V to VBATT. The LDO regulation point is slightly lower than the PWM converter such that the transition into and out of dropout is smooth, regardless of the inductor resistance. The MAX8504 is programmed for fixed 1.25V to 2.5V output with external resistors. It features a high-power bypass mode that connects the output directly to the battery. All devices are designed to achieve an output settling time of less than 30µs for a full-scale change in output voltage and load current.
The MAX8500-MAX8504 are available in a 12-lead 4mm x 4mm thin QFN package (0.8mm max height).