Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Proven PCB Reference Design and Layout Benefit
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Sense Points for High-Accuracy Measurements
- Accessible Test Point Pins for EN, POKB/INTB, VIO, and I2C Serial Interface SCL, SDA
- MAXUSB_INTERFACE# Allows Easy Communication with a Windows PC
- GUI Software that Drives I2C Serial Interface for Optional Software Control
- Startup Output Voltage Adjustable Through External Feedback Resistors
- Output Voltage Dynamically Adjustable Through I2C Serial Interface
- I2C Slave Address, Switching Current Limit, and Feedback Configuration Adjustable Using RSEL (R9)
- USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) OTG
- Qualcomm® Quick ChargeTM
- USB VBUS Supply and DRP (Dual Role Power) Ports
- DSLR, DSLR Lens
- Display Power
- Up to 3-Cell Li-Ion Battery Applications
- Notebook Computer, Tablet PC
The MAX77857 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX77857, a high-efficiency, high-performance buck-boost regulator with a switching current of 7A. The IC is capable of 2.5V to 16V input and dynamically adjustable output between 4.5V to 15V when using internal feedback resistors, or between 3V to 15V when using external feedback resistors. The EV kit is factory-configured as internal feedback with default startup output voltage at 5V. Other startup voltages can be achieved with external feedback resistors. The output voltage can be adjusted dynamically through the I2C serial interface.
I/O pins are available to support the I2C serial interface, Enable function, and interrupt/Power-OK indicator. The I2C slave address, switching current limit, and feedback configuration can be adjusted by changing the RSEL resistor value (R9). MAXUSB_INTERFACE# allows the use of Windows®-based software with a friendly graphical user interface (GUI) as well as a detailed register-based interface to exercise all features of the IC. The EV kit is compatible with any version of the MAX77857 WLP IC (MAX77857BEWB+T is the default installed on the EV kit).