Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Evaluates Both Fixed-Output and Adjustable-Output Versions (3.3V Version Is Preinstalled)
- 3.5V to 24V Input Voltage Range
- 300mA Maximum Load
- Demonstrates 1.1µA Quiescent Current at 14V Input
- Active-Low RESET Output Test Point
- Simple Two-Layer Board Serves as a Reference Design
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Point-of-Load Applications
- Portable Devices Powered from 2s, 3s, or 4s Li+ Batteries
- USB Type-C Devices
The MAX77596 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX77596 synchronous step-down converter IC with integrated switches. The EV kit operates over a wide input range of 3.5V to 24V and can support loads up to 300mA. The EV kit comes standard with the 3.3V fixed output voltage version of the IC. It can be easily modified to evaluate the 5V fixed output version or the adjustable output voltage version.
The EV kit includes jumpers to enable or disable the device, as well as to select either forced-PWM mode (FPWM) or skip-mode operation. A RESETB test point is available to monitor the voltage quality of the converter’s output.