Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Easy to Use
- GUI Drives SPI Interface
- Access to the Digital Engine through Software GUI
- Assembled and Fully Tested
- Selectable Headers for Quick Testing of Different Output Capacitors (J7 for 330nF, J9 for 680nF, or J5 for 1µF)
- Buffer-Configured Operational Amplifier Attached to Feedback of Converter for Measuring a Scaled-Down Version of the Output Voltage or the Output of the DAC
- Test Points to Measure All Outputs of the Boost Converter and Charge Pumps
- Haptic/Tactile Feedback Enabled Equipment
- Keyboard, Mice, Remote Controls, and Peripherals
- Smartphones, Tablets/E-readers, Game Consoles
The MAX77501 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX77501 piezo driver. The EV kit allows for easy evaluation of the MAX77501 and its ability to drive a large haptic signal through a ceramic piezo actuator.
The MAX77501 is a boost controller that drives the gates of a pair of low-side and high-side MOSFETs to step up an input haptic signal to a level suitable for piezo haptics. It includes all necessary external components to operate the IC. The MAX77501 takes digital input signals in one of two forms: data stored on internal RAM or fed through the internal FIFO (First-In, First-Out) system. The EV kit supports both formats of input. Windows-based GUI software provides a user-friendly graphical interface as well as a detailed register-based interface to exercise the features of the MAX77501.