Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Specs Guaranteed for In-Circuit Performance
- Load Currents to ±2A
- 4.2V to 10V Input-Voltage Range
- Switches From ±15V to ±12V Under Logic Control
- ±4% Output Tolerance Max Over Temp, Line, and Load
- 90% Typ Efficiency
- Low-Noise, Current-Mode Feedback
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting
- Undervoltage Lockout and Soft-Start
- 100kHz or 200kHz Operation
- Computer Peripherals
- DC-DC Converter Module Replacement
- Distributed Power Systems
The MAX742 has high efficiency (up to 92%) over a wide range of output loading. Two independent PWM current-mode feedback loops provide tight regulation and operation free from subharmonic noise. The MAX742 can operate at 100kHz or 200kHz, so it can be used with small and lightweight external components. Also ripple and noise are easy to filter. The MAX742 provides a regulated output for inputs ranging from 4.2V to 10V (and higher with additional components).
External power MOSFETs driven directly from the MAX742 are protected by cycle-by-cycle overcurrent sensing. The MAX742 also features undervoltage lockout, thermal shutdown, and programmable soft-start.
If 3W of load power or less is needed, refer to the MAX743 data sheet for a device with internal power MOSFETs.