Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +4.75V to +5.5V or +8V to +28V Input Voltage Range
- Adjustable VOUT
- +0.6V to +3.3V (MAX5065)
- +0.8V to +3.3V (MAX5067)
- Up to 60A Output Current
- Internal Voltage Regulator for a +12V or +24V Power Bus
- Programmable Adaptive Output Voltage Positioning
- True Differential Remote Output Sensing
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Input Capacitance Requirement and Distribute Power Dissipation
- Average-Current-Mode Control
- Superior Current Sharing Between Individual Phases and Paralleled Modules
- Accurate Current Limit Eliminates MOSFET and Inductor Derating
- Limits Reverse-Current Sinking in Paralleled Modules
- Integrated 4A Gate Drivers
- Selectable Fixed Frequency 250kHz or 500kHz Per Phase (Up to 1MHz for Two Phases)
- External Frequency Synchronization from 125kHz to 600kHz
- Internal PLL with Clock Output for Paralleling Multiple DC-DC Converters
- Thermal Protection
- 28-Pin SSOP Package (MAX5065)
- 44-Pin Thin QFN Package (MAX5067)
- High-End Desktop Computers
- Large-Memory Arrays
- Networking Systems
- Point-of-Load High-Current/High-Density Telecom DC-DC Regulators
- RAID Systems
- Servers and Workstations
Differential sensing enables accurate control of the output voltage, while adaptive voltage positioning provides optimum transient response. An internal regulator enables operation with input voltage ranges of +4.75V to +5.5V or +8V to +28V. The high switching frequency, up to 500kHz per phase, and dual-phase operation allow the use of low-output inductor values and input capacitor values. This accommodates the use of PC board-embedded planar magnetics achieving superior reliability, current sharing, thermal management, compact size, and low system cost.
The MAX5065/MAX5067 also feature a clock input (CLKIN) for synchronization to an external clock, and a clock output (CLKOUT) with programmable phase delay (relative to CLKIN) for paralleling multiple phases. The MAX5065/MAX5067 also limit the reverse current if the bus voltage becomes higher than the regulated output voltage. These devices are specifically designed to limit current sinking when multiple power-supply modules are paralleled. The MAX5065 offers an adjustable +0.6V to +3.3V output voltage. The MAX5067 output voltage is adjustable from +0.8V to +3.3V and features an overvoltage protection and a power-good output signal.
The MAX5065/MAX5067 operate over the extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C). The MAX5065 is available in a 28-pin SSOP package. The MAX5067 is available in a 44-pin thin QFN package. Refer to the MAX5037A data sheet for a VRM 9.0/VRM 9.1-compatible, VID-controlled output voltage controller in a 44-pin QFN package.