Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.99V to 3.36V System Output Voltage Range
- 1.42V to 2.71V Super Cap Voltage Range
- 2.5A Peak Discharge Current
- Resistor Adjustable Voltage and Current Thresholds
- Proven 2-Layer 2oz Copper PCB Layout
- Demonstrates Compact Solution Size
- Fully Assemble and Tested
- Handheld Industrial Equipment
- Portable Computers
- Portable Devices with a Removable Battery
The MAX38888 evaluation kit (EV kit) evaluates the MAX38888 IC. The MAX38888 is a super cap backup regulator designed to transfer power between a super cap and a system supply rail. When the main battery is present and above the minimum system supply voltage, the regulator charges the super cap at up to a 500mA rate. Once the super cap is charged, the circuit draws only 2.5μA of current while it maintains the super cap in its ready state. When the main battery is removed, the regulator prevents the system from dropping below the minimum operating voltage, discharging the super cap at up to a 2.5A rate. The MAX38888 is externally programmable for minimum and maximum super cap voltage, minimum system voltage, and maximum charge and discharge currents. The internal DC/DC converter requires only a 1μH inductor.