Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- MAX20751 Master Switch-Mode Controller
- Up to Four Interleaved Power Stages
- Up to 100A Output Current
- PMBus Interface
- Digital Telemetry and Control
- Patented Synchronous Buck Topology Using Coupled Inductors
- Smaller Size
- Higher Efficiency
- Reduced Output Capacitance
- 300kHz to 800kHz Switching Frequency
- 7V to 16V Input Voltage Range
- All Ceramic Capacitor Output Capacitors
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Communication, Networking, Servers, and Storage Equipment: ASICs, Memory VDDQ, Microprocessor Chipsets, and other High-Current Digital ICs
The MAX20751S1VKIT# evaluation kit (EV kit) is a proven application-circuit design for the MAX20751 DC-DC power-supply controller and the VT1697SB power train. The EV kit is a programmable-output, 4-phase switching regulator with a PMBus™ interface. The IC controls up to four power trains to generate a single output voltage. The EV kit can be used as a stand-alone board, if desired. However, to take full advantage of the IC’s capabilities, the user must connect the EV kit to a PC using the MAXPOWERTOOL002 (PowerTool™), Maxim’s USB-to-PMBus interface dongle for power products. The PowerTool is Windows XP-®, Windows Vista-®, and Windows 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the IC. The PowerTool GUI allows a PC to control the PMBus interface and to collect real-time data from the EV kit.
The EV kit contains a fully functional PCB assembly and is capable of delivering up to 100W of continuous 0.6V to 1.52V power output from a 7V to 16V input supply.
The PowerTool is sold separately and contains a USB cable (to connect PC to dongle) and a ribbon cable (to connect dongle to EV kit).
The EV kit also evaluates the VT1697SB smart slave IC with integrated current and temperature sensors. The VT1697SB is a features-rich smart slave IC designed to work with Maxim’s master switch-mode power-supply controller to implement a high-density multiphase voltage regulator.