Simplified Block Diagram
- Synchronous Boost Converter for Small Solution Size
- 4A Peak Input Current
- Resistor Adjustable Output Voltage form 6V to 18V
- 6V to 18V Fixed Output Selection in 250mV Steps
- 3.0V to 5.5V Operating Supply Voltage
- 2.2MHz Switching Frequency Operation
- Active-Low RESET Output
- Spread Spectrum Operation
- High Precision Performance
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Accuracy Fixed Option
- ±2.2% Output Voltage Accuracy Adjustable Option
- 81 ±3% UV Monitoring
- 121 ±3% OV Monitoring
- Good Load Transient Performance
- Robust for the Automotive Environment
- Current Mode Control, Forced PWM and SKIP Operation
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
- Space Saving 3mm x 3.5mm 14-Pin TDFN Package
- Automotive Point of Load
The MAX20474 evaluation kit (EV kit) evaluates the performance of the MAX20474 synchronous boost converter.
The MAX20474 is a high-efficiency DC-DC converter which boosts a 3.0V to 5.5V input supply from 6V to 18V at up to 1A load. The boost converter achieves ±1.5% output error over load, line, and temperature range.
The device features a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency PWM mode for better noise immunity and load transient response and a pulse-frequency modulation mode (SKIP) for increased efficiency during light load operation. The 2.2MHz frequency operation allows for the use of all ceramic capacitors and minimizes external components. The programmable spread-spectrum frequency modulation minimizes radiated electromagnetic emissions. Integrated low RDSON switches improve efficiency at heavy loads and simplifies the layout with respect to discrete solutions.
Other features include true shutdown, soft-start, and overcurrent and overtemperature protections.