Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- High-Voltage Step-Down Converter with Integrated Power FETs to Minimize Board-Area-Occupancy
- Asynchronous Boost Controller
- 3.5V to 40V Input Supply Range
- Input Supply Range Extended down to 2V with Pre-Boost Enabled
- 10V Fixed Boost Output Voltage (Separate Option Provides Adjustable Output Voltage)
- Buck Provides 5V/3.3V Output up to 3.5A Output Current
- Buck Output Voltages Adjustable between 1V and 10V using External Resistors
- ±2% Buck Output Voltage Accuracy
- Frequency-Synchronization Input
- Independent Enable Inputs
- Voltage-Monitoring PGOOD1 Output
- Jumpers and Test Points on Key Nodes for Simplified Evaluation
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Start-Stop System
- Instrument Cluster
- Navigation and Radio Head Units
- Telematics Applications
The MAX20458 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested application circuit that simplifies the evaluation of the MAX20458 400kHz/2.1MHz, 36V boost controller and buck converter in a 28-pin side-wettable TQFN package. All installed components are rated for the automotive temperature range. Various test points and jumpers are included for evaluation.
The standard EV kit comes with the MAX20458ATIA/VY+ installed (3.3V/ADJ, 2.1MHz) but can also be used to evaluate other MAX20458 variants with minimal component changes discussed in the Evaluating Other Variants section.