Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 3.0V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 1.0V to 4.0V Output Voltages Range
- Resistive Dividers Used to Set Appropriate Output Voltage
- High Switching Frequency of 2.2MHz
- Two Channels Operate 180° Out-of-Phase
- Individual Enable and Reset Connections Available
- Loop Measurements Ready on All Channels
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20029 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested PCB that demonstrates the capabilities of the MAX20029 power-management IC (PMIC), which comprises four low-voltage step-down converters. The IC operates at a 3V to 5.5V input supply voltage, regulates to a 1V to 4V voltage range, and delivers up to 1.5A of current at each of its outputs. The converters are high-frequency switchers, operating at 2.2MHz. The high switching frequency allows for reduced component values and sizes, including a single ceramic output capacitor on each rail. All channels have independent undervoltage/overvoltage comparators at both input and output, current limiting, and fault-flag outputs. The EV kit ships fully assembled and tested, ready for immediate evaluation of the IC.