Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Full Silicon Integration Allows for Improved Efficiency and Minimized Space
- Input Voltage Range From 3.0V to 5.5V
- Output Voltages Range From 0.5V to 1.275V
- I2C Controlled Output Voltage (6.25mV Steps)
- Excellent Load-Transient Response
- Internally Programmable Compensation
- High Switching Frequency of 2.2MHz
- Forced PWM Mode
- Enable and Reset Connections Available
- Loop Measurements Ready
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive ADAS Systems
- SoC Core Power
The MAX20011B EV kit is a fully assembled and tested PCB intended to demonstrate the capability of the MAX20011B step-down (buck) voltage regulator. MAX20011B has output current rating of 12A. The IC operates at 3V to 5.5V input supply voltage and can regulate to a voltage range of 0.5V to 1.275V.
The device features a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency PWM mode for better noise immunity and load-transient response. The 2.2MHz frequency operation allows for the use of all ceramic capacitors and minimizes external components. The programmable spread-spectrum frequency modulation minimizes radiated electromagnetic emissions. Integrated low RDS(ON) switches improve efficiency at heavy loads and make the layout a much simpler task with respect to discrete solutions.
The I2C interface supports dynamic voltage adjustment with programmable slew rates. Other features include programmable soft-start, overcurrent, and overtemperature protections.
The EV kit comes pre-tested for immediate evaluation.