Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Operating VIN Range of 3.5V to 36V
- 25µA No Load Quiescent Current in SKIP Mode
- High-Efficiency Synchronous DC-DC Converter with Integrated FETs
- 220kHz to 2.2MHz Adjustable Frequency
- External Frequency Synchronization (SYNC) Input
- Internal Soft-Start
- Fixed 3.3V/5.0V Output or Resistor Programmable 1V to 10V Output
- Low Dropout (98% Effective Duty Cycle Operation)
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Active-Low RESET Output
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Distributed DC Power Systems
- Navigation and Radio Head Units
- Point-of-Load Applications in Automotive
The MAX20006/MAX20008 evaluation kits (EV kits) demonstrate the MAX20004/MAX20006/MAX20008 high-voltage, current-mode, synchronous step-down converters with low operating current. The EV kits operate over a wide 3.5V to 36V input range. The output is set for 5V in the default configuration but can be adjusted between 1V and 10V with appropriate components. The MAX20004/MAX20006/MAX20008 current limit supports a nominal output current of 4A/6A/8A, respectively.
The EV kit switching frequency is set for either 2.2MHz (MAX20006EVKIT) or 400kHz (MAX20008EVKIT) in the default configuration. The switching frequency is resistor programmable between 220kHz and 2.2MHz and can be synchronized to an external signal. The EV kits can be set for fixed-frequency (PWM mode) or pulse-skipping (SKIP mode) for light load efficiency through the provided on-board jumper.