Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 3.5V to 36V Input Supply Range
- 15µA No-Load Quiescent Current in Skip Mode
- High-Efficiency Synchronous DC-DC Converter with Integrated FETs
- External Frequency Synchronization (SYNC) Input
- Internal Soft-Start
- Fixed 3.3V/5.0V/3.9V Output or Resistor Programmable 1V to 5V Output
- Low Dropout (98% Effective Duty Cycle Operation)
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Active-Low RESET Output
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Distributed DC Power Systems
- Navigation and Radio Head Units
- Point-of-Load Applications in Automotive
The MAX20006E/MAX20008E evaluation kits (EV kits) demonstrate the MAX20006E/MAX20008E high-voltage, current-mode, synchronous step-down converters with low operating current. The EV kits operate over a wide 3.5V-to-36V input range. The output is set for 5V in the default configuration, but can be adjusted between 1V and 5V with appropriate components. The MAX20006E/ MAX20008E current limit supports a nominal output current of 6A or 8A, respectively.
The EV kit switching frequency is set for 2.1MHz (MAX20006EEVKIT#) or 400kHz (MAX20008EEVKIT#) in the default configuration. The switching frequency is fixed internally and can be synchronized to an external signal within the specified range. The EV kits can be set for fixed-frequency (PWM mode) or pulse-skipping (SKIP mode) for light load efficiency through the provided onboard jumper.