Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Circuit Footprint Less than 0.93in²
- Circuit Height Less than 3mm
- Operates from a Single Supply (3V to 5.5V)
- ±2.2A Output Current
- High-Efficiency Switch-Mode Design
- Programmable Heating/Cooling Current Limit
- TEC Current Monitor Output
- Overtemperature, Undertemperature, and Analog Temperature Monitor
- 500kHz or 1MHz Switching Frequency
- SPI-Compatible Serial Interface
- Easy-to-Use Menu-Driven Software
- Includes Windows 95-/98-/2000-Compatible Software and Demo PC Board
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- EDFA Optical Amplifiers
- Fiber Optic Network Equipment
- Fiber-Optic Laser Modules
- Telecom Fiber Interfaces
- WDM, DWDM Laser Diode Temperature Control
A potentiometer, DAC, or external source generates a DC temperature set-point voltage. Thermal feedback from the TEC module is compared to the set-point voltage to generate the TEC current control signal. The MAX1978 controls TEC current to accurately regulate temperature.
When using the DAC, the EV kit connects to the parallel port of a computer running Windows® 95, 98, or 2000.