Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Operates up to 60V Input Supply
- Fixed 5V, Fixed 3.3V, and Adjustable 12V Application Circuits
- Up to 400mA Load Current
- 500kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Enable/UVLO Input, Resistor-Programmable UVLO Threshold
- Selectable PWM and PFM Modes of Operation
- Open-Drain Active-Low RESET Output
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Complies with CISPR32(EN55032) Class B Conducted and Radiated Emissions
- 4–20mA Current Loops
- General Purpose Point-of-Load
- High-Voltage LDO Replacement
- HVAC and Building Control
- Industrial Sensors
The MAX17640A/MAX17640B/MAX17640C evaluation kits (EV kits) provide proven designs to evaluate the performance of the MAX17640A/MAX17640B/MAX17640C high-voltage, high-efficiency, synchronous step-down DC-DC converters. The MAX17640A converter operates over a 5V to 48V input range and can deliver up to 400mA at a fixed 3.3V output. The MAX17640B converter operates over a 7V to 60V input range and can deliver up to 400mA at a fixed 5V output. The MAX17640C converter operates over a 15V to 60V input range and can deliver up to 400mA at an adjustable 12V output.
The EV kits feature an adjustable input undervoltage-lockout, open-drain active-low RESET, overcurrent protection, selectable mode of operation, and thermal shutdown. Refer to the MAX17640 converter data sheet for a complete description of the part that should be read in conjunction with this data sheet before operating these EV kits.