Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 10V to 60V Input-Voltage Range for the Step-DownConverter
- 3.3V Output Voltage, Up to 50mA Continuous LoadCurrent
- 85.7% Peak Efficiency
- 76% Light Load Efficiency at 48V IN, 3.3V 10mAOUT
- Minimal Number of External Components
- 70kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Fixed Turn ON/OFF Input Voltage
- Internal Loop Compensation
- 0.8ms (typ) Internal Soft-Start Time
- Bootstrap from Output Voltage to Improve Efficiency
- Hiccup Mode Overcurrent and OvertemperatureProtection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Factory Automation
- Aftermarket Market Automotive
- General Point of Load
The MAX17554A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates the performance of the MAX17554A, a 10V to 60V, 50mA, Ultra-Small, High Efficiency, Synchronous Step-Down DC-DC Converter in an 8-pin TDFN (2mm x 2mm) package. The EV kit is designed to operate over a 10V to 60V input and provides a 3.3V, 50mA output. The MAX17554A turns ON at 42.5V(max) and turns OFF at 10V(max). The step-down converter works at fixed 70kHz frequency and delivers a high light load efficiency of 76% with supplied components at 48V IN, 3.3V 10mA OUT.
The EV kit is simple to use and easily configurable with minimal external components. The MAX17554A features fixed turn ON/OFF input voltage and fixed 70kHz switching frequency. The device offers built-in hiccup mode protection for overload and short circuit conditions, as well as thermal shutdown. The EV kit is complaint with CISPR32 class B standard.