Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Wide 6V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- 5V Output, 100mA Continuous Current
- 93% Peak Efficiency
- 26μA No Load Supply Current
- Enable/UVLO Input, Resistor-Programmable UVLO Threshold
- Internal or Programmable Soft-Start
- Selectable PWM and PFM Modes of Operation
- Open-Drain Active-Low RESET Output
- Overcurrent Protection
- Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 4–20mA Current-Loop Powered Sensors
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- General-Purpose Point-of-Load
- High-Voltage LDO Replacement
- HVAC and Building Control
- Industrial Sensors and Process Control
The MAX17552 5V evaluation kit (EV kit) (TDFN) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates the performance of the MAX17552 60V, 100mA ultra-small, high-efficiency, synchronous step-down DC-DC converter in a 10-pin TDFN package. The EV kit operates over a wide input-voltage range of 6V to 60V and provides up to 100mA load current at 5V output. It draws only 26µA supply current under no-load conditions (EN/UVLO connected to VIN). The EV kit is programmed to switch at a frequency of 220kHz and delivers a peak efficiency of 93% with the supplied components. The device is simple to use and easily configurable with minimal external components. It features cycle-by-cycle peak current limit protection, undervoltage lockout, and thermal shutdown.
The EV kit comes installed with the MAX17552ATB+ in a 10-pin (3mm x 2mm) lead(Pb)-free/RoHS-compliant TDFN package.