Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +85V AC to +265V AC Input Voltage Range
- Dual Non-Isolated Outputs
- +12V Provides Up to 300mA (VOUT1)
- +3.3V Provides Up to 600mA (VOUT2)
- 250kHz Switching Frequency
- RESETN Open-Drain Output
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Low-Cost Flyback Design
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- AC/DC Power Supplies for Smart Meter Applications
- Universal-Input Offline AC-DC Power Supplies
- Wide-Range DC Input Flyback/Boost Industrial Power Supplies
The MAX17497A evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX17497A controller IC offline AC-DC flyback converter design and features an integrated step-down regulator. The EV kit circuit uses the MAX17497AATE current-mode fixed-frequency flyback converter in a 16-pin TQFN package with an exposed pad.
The EV kit demonstrates the IC's cycle-by-cycle current limit, soft-start, and UVLO features optimized for universal offline applications (+85V AC to +265V AC). The EV kit circuit is configured for output voltages of +12V and +3.3V and provides up to 300mA and 600mA of current from the respective outputs.
The transformer secondary +12V output is used as the input source for the IC step-down regulator that provides +3.3V at VOUT2.
Warning: The EV kit is designed to operate with high voltages. Dangerous voltages are present on this EV kit and on equipment connected to it. Users who power up this EV kit or power the sources connected to it must be careful to follow safety procedures appropriate to working with high-voltage electrical equipment.
Under severe fault or failure conditions, this EV kit may dissipate large amounts of power, which could result in the mechanical ejection of a component or of component debris at high velocity. Operate this kit with care to avoid possible personal injury.