Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1A Output Current for MAX1742
2.5A Output Current for MAX1842
- Up to 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Synchronous Rectification for Improved Efficiency
- No External Schottky Diode Required
- Output Voltage
- +1.1V, +1.5V, +1.8V, or +2.5V Selectable
- +1.1V to VIN Adjustable
- +3V to +5.5V Input Voltage Range
- < 1µA (typ) IC Shutdown Current
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 5V or 3.3V to Low-Voltage Conversion
- Chipset Supplies
- CPU I/O Ring
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
The MAX1742/MAX1842 are step-down switching regulators with internal synchronous-rectifiers that operate up to 1MHz, which minimizes external components. The devices feature resistor-programmable, fixed off-time current-mode operation for superior load- and line-transient response, and achieve efficiencies up to 95%.
The MAX1742/MAX1842 EV kits can also be used to evaluate other output voltages by adding feedback resistors R1 and R2 or by using the jumper-selectable +1.1V, +1.5V, +1.8V, or +2.5V settings.