Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Dual-Phase, Fast-Response Interleaved, Quick-PWM
- Intel IMVP-6+ Code-Set Compliant
- Dynamic Phase Selection Optimizes Active/Sleep Efficiency
- Transient Phase Overlap Reduces Output Capacitance
- Transient-Overshoot Suppression Feature
- Active Voltage Positioning with Adjustable Gain
- High Speed, Accuracy, and Efficiency
- Low Bulk Output Capacitor Count
- 7V to 24V Input-Voltage Range
- 0 to 1.5000V Output-Voltage Range (7-Bit DAC)
- 38A Load-Current Capability (19A per Phase)
- Accurate Current Balance and Current Limit
- 300kHz Switching Frequency (per Phase)
- Power-Good (PWRGD) and Phase-Good (PHASEGD) Outputs and Indicators
- Clock Enable (Active-Low CLKEN) and Thermal-Fault (Active-Low VRHOT) Outputs and Indicators
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- IMVP6+ Core Supply
- Multiphase CPU Core Supply
- Notebook/Desktop Computers
- Voltage-Positioned, Step-Down Converters
Dedicated system inputs (active-low PSI, active-low DPRSTP, and DPRSLPVR) dynamically select the operating mode and number of active phases, optimizing the overall efficiency during the CPU's active and sleep states.
The MAX17410 includes latched output undervoltage-fault, overvoltage-fault, and thermal-overload protection. It also includes a voltage regulator power-good output (PWRGD), a clock enable output (active-low CLKEN), a power monitor output (PMON), a phase-good output (PHASEGD), and a system power-good input (PGDN).
This fully assembled and tested circuit board provides a digitally adjustable 0 to 1.5000V output voltage (7-bit on-board DAC) from a 7V to 24V battery input range. Each phase delivers up to 19A output current for a total of 38A. The MAX17410 EV kit operates at 300kHz switching frequency (per phase) and has superior line- and load-transient response.