Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1-Phase, Fast-Response Quick-PWM™
- Active Voltage Positioning with Adjustable Gain—Independent DC and Transient Control
- High Speed, Accuracy, and Efficiency
- Low-Bulk Output-Capacitor Count
- 7V to 24V Input-Voltage Range
- 0.3375V to 1.1250V Output-Voltage Range (6-Bit DAC)
- 14A Load-Current Capability
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- Power-Good (PWRGD) Indicator
- Thermal Fault (Active-Low VRHOT) Output
- Output Overvoltage and Undervoltage Fault Protections
- 28-Pin Thin QFN Package (4mm x 4mm)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 2- to 4-Li+ Cells Battery to Processor Core Supply Converters
- Graphics Core (GPU) Power Supplies
- Voltage-Positioned Step-Down Converters
The MAX17409 includes output undervoltage fault, over-voltage fault, and thermal overload protection. It also includes a voltage-regulator power-good (PWRGD) output.
This fully assembled and tested PCB provides a digitally adjustable 0.3375V to 1.1250V output voltage (6-bit on-board DAC) from a 7V to 24V battery-input range. It delivers up to 14A output current. The EV kit operates at 300kHz switching frequency and has superior line- and load-transient response.