Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Dual, Synchronous Step-Down Controllers Operate at 180° Out-of-Phase to Reduce Switching Noise
- 6V to 36V Wide Input Supply Range
- Buck Output Voltage: 5V and 3.3V Fixed/Adjustable Between 1V and 10V
- Current-Mode Controllers with Forced-PWM and Skip Modes
- Resistor-Configurable Frequency Between 1MHz and 2.2MHz
- 89% Peak Efficiency @ 6V Input in Skip-Mode
- FSYNC Input and Power-Good Output
- Proven 4-Layer 2oz Copper PCB Layout
- Demonstrates 2800mil × 1300mil Solution Size
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- General-Purpose Point-of-Load
- Wall Transformer Regulation
The MAX17233 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested application circuit board for the MAX17233 high-voltage, dual synchronous step-down controller. The EV kit is set up to provide 5V and 3.3V from an input voltage ranging from 6V to 36V. Each buck rail can deliver up to 5A load current. The EV kit’s switching frequency is set at 2.2MHz for both buck converters. Various jumpers are provided to help evaluate features of the MAX17233 IC.