Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Dual-Phase, Fast-Response Interleaved, Quick-PWM
- Intel IMVP-6.5 Code-Set Compliant (Calpella Socket Configuration)
- Dynamic Phase Selection Optimizes Active/Sleep Efficiency
- Transient Phase Overlap Reduces Output Capacitance
- Active Voltage Positioning with Adjustable Gain
- High Speed, Accuracy, and Efficiency
- Low-Bulk Output Capacitor Count
- 7V to 24V Input-Voltage Range
- 0 to 1.5000V Output-Voltage Range (7-Bit DAC)
- 38A Load-Current Capability (19A Each Phase)
- Accurate Current Balance and Current Limit
- 300kHz Switching Frequency (per Phase)
- Power-Good (PWRGD) and Phase-Good (PHASEGD) Outputs and Indicators
- Clock Enable (Active-Low CLKEN) and Thermal Fault (Active-Low VRHOT) Outputs and Indicators
- Current Monitor (IMON) Output
- Output Overvoltage and Undervoltage Fault Protections
- 40-Pin Thin QFN Package with Exposed Pad
- Lead-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Blade Servers
- IMVP-6+/IMVP-6.5 Core Supply
- Multiphase CPU Core Supply
- Notebook/Desktop Computers
- Voltage-Positioned, Step-Down Converters
Two dedicated system inputs (active-low PSI and DPRSLPVR) dynamically select the operating mode and number of active phases, optimizing the overall efficiency during the CPU's active and sleep states.
The MAX17082 includes latched output undervoltage-fault protection, overvoltage-fault protection, and thermal-overload protection. It also includes a voltage regulator power-good (PWRGD) output, a clock enable (active-low CLKEN) output, a current monitor (IMON) output, and a phase-good (PHASEGD) output.
This fully assembled and tested circuit board provides a digitally adjustable 0 to 1.5000V output voltage (7-bit on-board DAC) from a 7V to 24V battery input range. Each phase delivers up to 19A output current for a total of 38A. The EV kit operates at 300kHz switching frequency (per phase) and has superior line- and load-transient response.
The MAX17082 EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX17021, MAX17033, and MAX17034.