Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +2.5V to +5.5V Input-Voltage Range
- Output Voltages (+4.5V to +5.5V Input Voltage)
- +13V Output at 500mA (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- +30V Output at 30mA (Positive Charge Pump)
- -7V Output at 60mA (Negative Charge Pump)
- High-Current Op Amp (±500mA Peak Current)
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- All Output Voltages are Resistor Adjustable
- Logic-Controlled High-Voltage Switches with Capacitor Control Delay
- Low-Profile Surface-Mount Components
- Lead(Pb)-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17075 EV kit is designed to operate from a DC supply voltage of +2.5V to +5.5V. At +5V (±10%) nominal input voltage, the step-up switching regulator provides a +13V output and up to 500mA. The positive charge pump provides a +30V output and up to 30mA. The negative charge pump provides a -7V output and up to 60mA. The high-current op amp provides a +6.5V output that can source or sink 500mA peak current. The high-voltage switch array is controlled by external logic.
The MAX17075 switches at 1.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny surface-mount components. The MAX17075 thin QFN package (0.8mm maximum height) with low-profile external components allows this circuit to be less than 3mm high.