Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 6V to 24V Input Range
- 3.3V, 5mA RTC Power (Always On)
- Internal 5V, 100mA Linear Regulator (Adjustable from 0.6V to 4V)
- Output Voltages:
- 1.05V at 10AMIN (VOUT2, Dynamic Adjustable from 0 to 2V) or Preset 3.3V
- 1.5V at 6AMIN (VOUT1, Adjustable from 0.7V to 5.5V)
- 8VMIN at 2mA (Charge-Pump Output)
- Dynamic 0 to 2V REFIN2 Input on Second Output
- 400kHz/300kHz Switching Frequency (1.5V/1.05V, Respectively)
- Power-Good (PGOOD1 and PGOOD2) Indicators
- Secondary Feedback Input Maintains Charge Pump
- 32-Pin, 5mm x 5mm Thin QFN Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 Power Supplies
- Game Consoles
- Graphic Cards
- I/O System Supply (1.5V and 1.05V Supplies)
- Low-Power I/O and Chipset Supplies
- Main System Supply (5V and 3.3V Supplies)
- Notebook Computers
- PDAs and Mobile Communicators
- Two to Four Li+ Cells Battery-Powered Devices
The MAX17020 also has an internal fixed 5V low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator capable of supplying 100mA, and an always-on 3.3V, 5mA real-time clock (RTC) supply.
The MAX17020 EV kit operates at 400kHz/300kHz switching frequency (1.5V/1.05V, respectively) and has superior line- and load-transient response.
For 5V and 3.3V output evaluation, the MAX8778 EV kit can be used. The MAX17020 is a pin-for-pin replacement of the MAX8778.