Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 5.5V to 38V Input Range with 42V Transient Capability
- Internal 5V Linear Regulator with 50mA Load Capability
- Output Voltages
- VOUTA: 5V Up to 4A Peak Current, Adjustable from 1V to 5.5V
- VOUTB: 3.3V Up to 2.5A Peak Current, Adjustable from 0.75V to 4V
- VOUTC: 1.2V Up to 4A Peak Current, Adjustable from 0.75V to 4V
- VOUTD: 2.5V Up to 2A Current, Adjustable from 0.5V to VIND
- Four Power-Good LEDs Help Monitor the Output Voltages
- 0.5MHz Switching Frequency (5V and 1.2V Outputs)
- 1MHz Switching Frequency (3.3V Output)
- Independent Enable Inputs and Power-Good Outputs
- Overvoltage and Undervoltage Fault Protection
- Thermal-Fault Protection
- 48-Pin (6mm x 6mm) Thin QFN Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Battery-Powered Devices
- Embedded Control Systems
- Set-Top Box
High-voltage controller A is used to generate a 5V rail that serves as supply for the other three rails. These rails are generated by two switching converters (rails B and C), and one push-pull linear regulator (rail D). The supplies for converters B and C and regulator D are accessible but must be less than 6V.
The MAX17019 also has an internal fixed 5V linear regulator capable of supplying 50mA. The EV kit operates at 0.5MHz (VOUTA and VOUTC) and at 1MHz switching frequency (VOUTB). The EV kit has superior line- and load-transient response.