Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +10.8V to +13.2V Input Range
- Output Voltages
- +3.3V at 2A (Step-Down Switching Regulator)
- +16V at 1.5A (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- +35V at 50mA (Positive Charge Pump)
- -6V at 100mA (Negative Charge Pump)
- Adjustable Output Voltages (External Resistors)
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency (600kHz Selectable)
- Two High-Speed Op Amps
- Low-Profile Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- LCD Monitor Panels
- LCD TV Panels
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of +10.8V to +13.2V, as configured. The step-down switching regulator is configured for a +3.3V output providing at least 2A. The step-up switching regulator is configured for a +16V output providing at least 1.5A. The positive charge pump is configured for a +35V output providing at least 50mA. The negative charge pump is configured for a -6V output providing at least 100mA. High-frequency operation (1.2MHz) allows the use of tiny surface-mount components to minimize the thickness of LCD panel designs.
The EV kit features two high-performance operational amplifiers (op amps) designed to drive the LCD backplane (VCOM). Power to the VCOM amplifiers comes from the step-up switching regulator output.